Many MacBook users are faced with the need to resolve the issue related to How To Add A Printer On A Mac. In general, any laptop from Apple has software that allows you to connect a printing device of any model to the mac. To solve this problem as a whole is quite simple, but note that often in the instructions there are some differences in the ways of setting up different models of such devices.
Installing the printer via a USB cable
- To get started, you will need to download the latest driver for your printer and install it on your MacBook. You can find the right software on the official website of the device manufacturer in the support section. There you need to select the series and model of the device, or use the special search. Next, select the OS version installed on your laptop and download the recommended drivers.
- After downloading the necessary software, start installing it. Upon completion of this process, connect the device using a cable to the MacBook USB port.
- After the printer connects to the Mac, click on the “System Preferences” button and find the section with printers and scanners. There you need to click on the button in the form of a plus sign, which is usually located in the left part of the window.
- In the list that appears, you need to find your device, and then click on “Add” – usually this “manual” approach is not required in this matter, because after installing the appropriate drivers and connecting the printer to the MacBook, the print device is automatically detected by the operating system.
- After completing this step, be sure to try using the device connected to the laptop and print several test documents.
Also Read:How To Uninstall Nvidia Drivers
Local Area Connection
- If you plan to connect to the printer via a local network using a MacBook, you can access the device through a wireless network or Ethernet. In any case, first of all, make sure that your laptop is part of the same workgroup with other PCs. To do this, right-click on the computer icon, which is usually located on the desktop and go to its properties. In the list of various options, find the name of the workgroup and remember it.
- In the next step, you will need to find in the MacBook system settings a section called “Network” and go there.
- Find and click on “Advanced”, then go to the “Wins” section. Pay attention to the “Workgroup” field – if the value given there does not coincide with the name in paragraph 2, change it and save the change.
- Install the “fresh” drivers for the device and click on “Printers and scanners” in the system settings of the computer.
- Click on the plus sign and open the “Windows” tab, on the left side of which the name of the workgroup is displayed – select it.
- Next, indicate your MacBook and, clicking on the name of the device, click on “Select driver.”
- The next step is to open the “Other” section – there you have to choose the driver that you installed earlier. After that, test print any document.Also Read:How To Play Minecraft With Friends
It should be added that by connecting to the printer via a local network, you can share (allow) access to any resource on your laptop for other users.
I Hope You Are Understand All This Method and I Know definitely How To Add A Printer On A Mac Understand If you found any problem during the Below steps then comment below. We will be doing our best to solve your problem very soon. Share this article if anyone needs to know this. Thanks for reading
- How To Cancel The Audible Membership
- How To Insert A PDF Into Word
- How To Create a Wikipedia Page
- How To Unblock Adobe Flash Player