How to fix iTunes error 0xe80000a iTunes is an integral part for iPhone, iPad and iPod users. This is the only official Apple program in which users can synchronize their Apple device with their Windows PC. But at times, she may throw an error. One such itunes error 0xe80000a where the Apple device cannot connect to your Windows computer. The error message is as follows:
Causes of Error 0xe80000a
- Damaged USB cable / port.
- Incomplete installation of iTunes.
- Incorrectly running iTunes services on the computer.
Also Read:How To Add A Printer On A Mac
Methods for solving error 0xe80000a
Method # 1 Reset Lockdown Folder
ITunes has a folder in Windows called Lockdown, which contains the security certificates of iOS devices previously connected to the computer. The 0xe80000a error can occur just because of all these certificates, and therefore you need to reset the Lockdown folder or, more simply, delete it. Don’t worry, iTunes will automatically recreate this folder the next time you start your computer.
- press on the keyboard Windows + R;
- write down the value % AppData% and press Enter;
- open the Apple folder and find the very Lockdown folder ;
- remove Lockdown and restart your computer.
We try to connect the Apple device to iTunes again and see if the 0xe80000a error has disappeared.
Method # 2 Updating Windows and iTunes
Some users claim that they managed to get rid of the error by updating their Windows OS, others say that updating the iTunes program helps. We recommend that you do both. To upgrade your Windows, you need to do the following
- press Windows + R to open the Run window;
- write the value ms-settings: windows update and press Enter;
- click on the button “Check for updates”;
- Follow the instructions on the screen and install all updates available for Windows;
- restart the computer
Now let’s see what needs to be done to update iTunes to the latest version.
- open iTunes
- in the menu bar of the window, click on the “Help” item, and then select the “Check for Updates” option;
- Now just follow the on-screen instructions to install the new version of iTunes;
- restart your computer again.
Check for error 0xe80000a when connecting an Apple device to a computer.
Method number 3: Reinstall iTunes completely
The whole problem may lie in iTunes itself. It is possible that some program files were damaged, as a result of which it became impossible to connect devices. We recommend that you first completely remove iTunes from your computer, and then install it again using the official Apple website
Method 4: Stop certain iTunes-related processes and connect an Apple device
It turns out that some processes related to the iTunes program may start to work incorrectly, thereby interfering with the normal connection of Apple devices. You need to complete processes such as PodService.exe , AppleMobileDeviceService.exe or iTunesHelper.exe in the Task Manager, and then try to connect your device to the computer. Do this and check for error 0xe80000a.
Method No. 5 Disabling Antivirus
And the last thing we will advise you is to disable any antivirus program that is currently installed on your computer. The thing is that some antiviruses, for some reason, sometimes begin to interfere with the establishment of a normal connection. As soon as you turn off your antivirus software, try connecting your Apple device to iTunes on your PC and see if error 0xe80000a disappears.
In this 5 method you definetly fix iTunes error 0xe80000a when connecting iPhone / iPad? if you are face any problem to fix itunes errer then comment below will try to fix your problem and share this article thanks for reading.