How To See Deleted Messages On Discord: Gamers are all around the world use Discord For sharing Gaming Content and exchange messages, images, audio, and video content. While most Discord users are friendly and claim, some find it fun to send harmful, incendiary, or overtly offensive messages to others. In this sense, Discord is no different from any other corner of the Internet.
Discord allows users to report abusive behavior, but they need to provide details of the conversation in question. However, those who behave abusively often delete their messages after a few minutes or even seconds, which prevents you from even taking a screenshot. Thus, many Discord users are wondering if there is a way to access deleted messages on the platform.
This article will answer this question and also explain how you can handle the harassment on Discord.
Can you see deleted messages on Discord?
Unfortunately, after a message has been deleted by the sender, it cannot be restored. This was confirmed at the beginning of 2018 by Discord engineers in their official Twitter account.
On the one hand, storing deleted messages will violate the rules of the platform and violate the privacy of its users. In addition, the way the platform is built – like classic Internet chat (IRC) – does not allow owners to access their users’ private messages. Thus, as soon as the user deletes the message, it is immediately deleted from the Discord servers.
Also Read: Discord Screen Share No Audio Working
Report online persecution over contention
If for any reason this message has not yet been (yet) deleted, you can report the offensive message and its sender to Discord Support by clicking the red “Report” button in your mobile application.
On a desktop computer, this process is a bit complicated because the Report button is missing. Instead, you need to collect some ID numbers, write them down, and send them to the Discord team via the report form.
Here is what you need to do:
- In the lower left corner of the screen, click on the gear icon to access the settings.
- Click Appearance, and then find the Advanced section.
- Turn on the switch next to Developer Mode.
- Find the message you want to report, right-click on the username and select Copy ID. As you will copy a few more identifiers, paste them into a text document and save before moving on.
- Next, you need the identifier of the message itself. The process is almost the same: right-click anywhere in the message, select Copy ID and paste this ID into the same document.
- Finally, you need the identifier of the server on which the abuse occurred. Again, you will need to right-click on the server name, select “Copy ID” and paste it into the same document. Make sure that all three identifiers are marked correctly (user ID, message identifier, server identifier), and proceed to the next step.
- Go to the official Discord request form and select Trust. Security ”from the dropdown menu. Enter your email address in the designated form and proceed with filling out the remainder of the form.
- In the “Report Type” section, select “Chase” or any other option that you think is appropriate. In the Subject field below, write “Abusive Report” or something like that.
- Paste all three clearly identified identifiers in the Description field below and add any other note you may have. You can also use the Attachment field below to attach a screenshot.
- After filling out the form, check the reCAPTCHA checkbox at the bottom to confirm that you are not a robot, and click “Submit.” Your request will be sent to Discord Support and you will receive a response by e-mail as soon as it is processed and processed.
Can you report a deleted message?
The Discord Support Group needs all three identifiers to process your request and take appropriate action against the author of the abusive message. Thus, whenever you receive an incorrect message, you must immediately record all three identifiers and take a screenshot of the message. Even if the message is deleted, if you have a server ID and user ID, you can still report it and attach a screenshot as proof. To do this, use the official form or write [email protected].
Changing the username to Discord is very simple, and online characters tend to do this often, so you must provide the user ID along with your screenshot. If you do not, you can still try to send a report, but the support service may not identify the sender and take appropriate action.
Share your experience
Have you ever received an abusive message on Discord? Did you report a violation and the support team responds accordingly? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.
I hope you definitely know the above article How to See Deleted Messages On Discord free to send your questions, suggestions, and problems encountered while using Discord in this Tutorial you definitely see delete a message on discord if any problem to see message comment below try to solve your problem.