How to Use Discord on PS4:Discord has become so popular with gamers that it needs no introduction. With millions of users around the world, Discord is one of the best platforms for audio, video, image and text communication between users.It is common knowledge that Discord can be installed on PCs and various other platforms. But can it be used on PS4 consoles too? This article will help you set up your PlayStation 4 so you can chat with your friends on Discord while playing your favorite games on that console.
Using Discord on PlayStation 4
Unfortunately, the Discord app does not currently support the PlayStation 4. But from the looks of it, this could change sooner rather than later.
Discordians around the world have sent requests and opened dozens of topics on the official Discord support page, asking developers to make a PS4 version of the app. Since Discord pays close attention to community inquiries and complaints, we could get the official Discord app for PlayStation 4 and many other consoles.Does this mean you have to wait for the release of the app to use Discord on PS4? Absolutely not.
It is still possible to use Discord on PlayStation 4, provided you have all the necessary hardware. It may take longer, but it’s worth it.
Therefore, if you want to follow the instructions below, you need to purchase a headset with an optical cable and support for USB connectivity. You will also need a mixer or similar device to switch audio between PC and PS4. For example, you can use the A40 TR headset with the PRO TR mixamp, as they have proven to be a good combination for this type of setup.
Apart from the two items and the cables that come with them (3.5mm plug, 3.5mm Aux Splitter, 3.5mm to 3.5mm with volume), you need to install Discord on your PC.Once you’ve got all the items you need, it’s time to set everything up. Let’s start by connecting your PS4 console to your mixump. Here’s everything you need to do.
The question of whether there is Discord on PS4 worries many users – this is not surprising. The messenger is very convenient: comfortable interface, instant response, excellent connection and video quality. I would like to use it on any platform, but there are small restrictions on the way … There is no official client for the console – but do you have to wait until it is created? An excellent efficient connection algorithm has long been developed!
How to Use Discord on PS4
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 console.
- Connect one side of the optical cable to the PlayStation 4 and the other to the back of the mixer. You need to make sure your mixump is set to console mode. If you connected everything successfully, your headset will be assigned as a USB device. You will see a message on the screen notifying you of this.
- Go to your PlayStation 4 settings.
- Scroll down and select the Sound & Screen option.
- Select Audio Output Settings.
- Select the digital output port and change it to Optical. It is recommended to select Dolby 5.1 channel.
- Then select Audio Format and select Bitstream (Dolby).
- Return to the initial settings screen and select Devices.
- Open Audio Devices.
- Make sure Headphone Out is set to Chat Audio.
Now it’s time to connect everything to your PC.
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect one side of your USB cable to your mixer and the other to your PC. Make sure your mixamp is now in PC mode.
- Open the Discord app on your computer.
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Voice option.
- In the Input Device section, select the headset you are using.
- Leave the output device set as default.
That’s all! You can use it How to Use Discord on PS4–Step By Step Guide you will see how the application will be displayed on the desired screen. Work through your PS4 console and enjoy.We answered in detail the question whether it is possible to download Discord on PS4 – even if the instructions may seem complicated, this is only at first glance! Study all the steps of the algorithm carefully and repeat with us! You will definitely do it and be able to use the application through the console.